Acne is an annoying problem and makes us extremely uncomfortable with plots and flaws all over our face. Those who suffer from acne find it difficult to socialize and interact with other people and have spent thousands of dollars on curing acne but to no avail. The skin problems keep coming back again and again causes more embarrassment. This would not be the case any more if you know that the natural treatments, surprisingly, are the best solutions for all acne sufferers. You just need to apply a balanced diet and proper skin care, the situation will be improved significantly. Below are the simple tips that you can start implementing from today to get rid of acne. You’ll notice the plain difference after 4 weeks.
- Wash your face twice a day with acne soap – Wash your face twice a day with soap that contains sulfur used specifically for treating acne. The first time is in the morning right after waking up and the second is right before bedtime. When washing, be as gentle as possible and use soft towel to avoid hurting your sensitive skin.
- Avoid expressing Acne – Do not squeeze, scratch, or touch the acne. These actions will increase the production of sebum. Besides, when you squeeze an acne cyst means you are puncturing the membrane beneath the skin, causing deeper infection and more painful inflammation which will last much longer.
- No hair covering the face – If your hair is long or you prefer hair with bangs, use hair pin to keep hair tidy, not covering your face. Because your hair also contains oil which easily contributes to increase acne. Additionally your hair needs to be shampooed every day especially after sweating.
- Limit cosmetics – One of the most common reasons the pores are blocked is using cosmetics, and then leads to causing pimples and blackheads. If you must use cosmetics, choose which ones contain water and cleanse your skin carefully by cleansing water every night before going to bed.
- Consider vitamin supplements – Acne can be a signal that your body is in-stable from inside. Your skin is healthy or not in some ways depends on your diet. The skin is an important component but people normally neglect it. If your body does not receive appropriate nutrition, it will resist. One common way to protest is producing more sebum, blocking the pores and reducing the resistance to other bacteria of the skin.
- Add chromium into diet – Chromium is normally thought to be of use to lose weight. But it is also very effective in treating skin infections. The addition of chromium into the daily diet can help treat acne quickly and prevent the recurrence. Abundant sources of chromium include corn on the cob, onions, romaine lettuce, oysters, liver, potatoes, apples, organic eggs, broccoli, brewer’s yeast and molasses.
- Eat carrots for beta-carotene supplementation (vitamin A) – Vitamin A strengthens the protection ability of skin tissues and it can effectively prevent acne. It reduces sebum and keratin production. This is also the essential vitamins to help maintain and regenerate constituent tissues of the skin and mucous membranes. Vitamin A is also a powerful antioxidant, which is needed to help the body eliminate toxin. Vitamin A deficiency is a cause of acne.
- Eat foods rich in zinc – Zinc is an antibacterial agent and the factor required to regulate the activity of the sebaceous glands in the skin. Dietary lacks of zinc can contribute to acne. A wide variety of foods contain zinc to supplement in to your diet: oysters, shellfish, wheat germ, liver, cashew nuts, eggs, pine nuts…
- Honey mask - Take honey mask once or twice a week. Honey has antibacterial factors, so it works to cleanse and heal the inflamed skin. It is also very mild for sensitive skin.
- Regularly wash your pillow – When asleep, the skin surface in contact with pillow so pillow absorbs sebum from the skin. Gradually, dirt combines with sebum on the pillow will stick back into your skin, causing acne. So you need to keep your pillows and drapes clean.
- NO ACNE
Nowadays, there are many cosmetics out there with additional ingredients help produce collagen, elastin, keratin, antioxidants… to form the connective tissue for the elasticity and strength of your skin. Some products really give good but just temporary results. So why you still have to spend too much money on cosmetic and wonder whether it works or not while can consider the gastronomic delights with approximately components for a healthy skin. Only usual foods could help your body protect the collagen it has, while providing necessary “materials” it needs to build new collagen fibers, which helps to moisturize skin and may prevent skin-aging.
So which kind of foods are good friends of your skin? Following are some foods you should consider to possess a desirable skin.
Foods high in Vitamin C: fruit and vegetable are good sources for vitamin C, especially citrus fruits such as: oranges, lemons, grapefruits…, vegetables like spinach, broccolis, kales, collards, asparagus… provide large amount of vitamin C to help your body manufacture collagen and utilize protein effectively. Eat them as much as you can. Besides, spicy foods are the best source of vitamin C, for example hot chili peppers or sweet peppers.
Vitamin E appears in wheat germ, fortified cereals, nuts and seeds… help protect cell membranes and protect your skin against UV radiation damage.
Cold water fish, such as salmon, sardines, mackerel… are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that is able to keep skin soft and supple. In order to have an adequate amount of these essential acids, it’s recommended that you should eat 3 to 4 ounces of cold water fish a week.
Tomatoes provide a large amount of lycopene, which inhibits collagenases so that collagen could avoid from being destroyed. Tomatoes don’t contain great nutrient content when being eaten raw as usually thought but when they are cooked. Eat raw tomatoes and you get the highest amount of lycopene.
A regular component of your dishes – garlic, surprisingly can help you have a beautiful skin because taurine and lipoid acid in garlic are able to support damaged collagen fibers.
Soy products such as milk from soy, cheese…can help block enzymes that tend to age the skin. So if you desire for a healthy and beautiful skin, don’t forget to add soy products to your essential foods list.
- cold water fish
- cold water fish to eat
- tomatoes cold damage