People commonly think that human foods and dog foods also suitable for a cat family. In fact, the differences of cats’ digestive system can cause mild diarrhea, absorbability disorders, severe poisoning or even death. Be careful not to feed your cat with these mentioned foods below:
- Alcoholic beverages: can cause poisoned, coma and death.
- Onions and garlic: Contains sulfoxides and disulfides can destroy red blood cells that end up causing anemia.
- Chocolate: is an extremely poisonous factor which your cat has no capability to digest and result in vomiting, diarrhea, fever, seizure, coma and even death.
- Tea, coffee: these drinks contain large amount of caffeine, theobromine, theophylline, which affect the activity of the cardiovascular and nervous system of cats.
- Foods, beverages contain orange or lemon oil: cats are very sensitive with these kinds of food, may suffer vomiting from eating them.
- Herbs, spices for human dishes: weaken the pancreas and absorb-ability, digestive disorders.
- Grapes: whether fresh grapes or raisins can cause toxic effect on cat’s urinary organ and damage her kidney.
- Vitamin or mineral supplements containing iron (Fe): can be toxic to cats, which can lead to liver and kidney dysfunction.
- Other animals liver: if fed too much, your cat can be in danger due to high level of vitamin A in liver.
- Milk: easily cause diarrhea, especially for old cats because the yeast used to convert sugar lactose (Lataza) is not enough to digest. Milk and dairy products without lactose – Lactose-free milk good for cats.
- Persimmons seeds: these seeds can cause vomiting, inflammation of the intestine.
- Potato and the family of plants of Solanaceae: such as tomatoes, paprika, chili pepper, egg plant, petunia… should be avoided eating raw because they can cause lower gastrointestinal pain and aggressive symptoms for cats.
- Raw egg: Contains a substance called avidin can reduce the biotin production and result in causing hair loss. Additionally, raw eggs contain Salmonella which is a cause of digest poisoned.
- Fresh fish: Causes deficiency of vitamin B then reduces your cat’s appetite, if fed regularly can easily weaken the digestive system and even lead to death.
- Food too sweet: causes obesity, teeth damaged, long time can result in diabetes.
- Tobacco: Contains nicotine poisoning gastrointestinal, nervous system, increasing heart rate, collapse, coma, mortality.
- can cats eat eggplant
- can cats eat paprika
- paprika and cats
- paprika cats
- cats and paprika
- Cats paprika
- is paprika bad for cats
- can cats eat spices
- spicy food bad for cats
- can cats digest alcohol
There are many types of food for dogs in the market so maybe choosing appropriate foods for your puppies is a hard work. You can get different advices from experienced people or a reliable veterinarian. Remember that people foods don’t have the vitamins and minerals that a dog needs. It’s best to feed your dogs with special foods and treats made for them at the pet store. Some foods should be avoided as they can cause serious illness, even death in many dogs, for example chocolate, onions, grapes, raisins, currants, caffeine, avocado…
- Carefully read the information printed on the packaging for dog food.
Please read the information printed on product packaging for dog food, this is the best way to help you have an adequate knowledge about the source, origin, quality of product that you choose for your dog. The specific components of food have also been printed clearly on the packaging such as protein, fat, carbohydrates, nutrients etc… Besides, the instructions are also detailed on the product packaging.
- Feed your dog in a clean bowl
There are many good bowls in different sizes in a pet shop. The range of bowls you can buy come in a variety of materials from plastic, rubber, china to stainless steel. Giving your dog food in a clean bowl will make food taste better as well as prevent getting sick from germs.
- Feed your dog every day with separated meals
You are advised to feed your dog two times a day, one in the morning and the other in the evening, so your dog won’t get so full but still feel good and fresh. But a young puppy need to eat three or four times a day to grow up healthily.
How to know foods appropriate or not?
Proper nutrition is the fundamental basis for ensuring the health of the dog. Food has a direct impact on the skin, fur, weight, motor skills of the dog as well as to the intestines, stomach, if a problem occurs with one of these parts, you should consider whether if your dog’s diet is suitable or not. When choosing food for a dog, choose food is produced, supplied by companies with prestigious brand names in the market. When your dog accustomed to a certain food, continue to use that kind of food regularly. Before that, keep an eye on the reaction, the attitude of your dog when eating food you choose during 4 to 8 weeks, take notice on the dog’s fur. If the fur becomes light, silky smooth, but not oily, food is suitable. You may know there are any unusual issues that occur if the dog becomes inactive. Pay attention to his weight too. Appropriate diet will help your dog avoid obesity, a common disease of pets. If your dog becomes poor of appetite, this may be a signal that dog gets bored with the usual food, and then you should find new foods, more appropriate for your dog. However, changing foods will cause unexpected mild digestive upsets, so if you decide to feed your pet with new foods, it’s best to do it a little at the time for it to get accustomed to. Let each meal a bit of new food mixed with the old food for dogs. Until the dog noticed just choose to eat new food, do not rush, wait at least 3-4 weeks later and found the final decision that your dog is really appropriate for new food or not. In the worst case, if the dog fell ill during this time, you should consult your veterinarian immediately.
- feed the dog
- feed dog
- basic feeding guide for dogs
- basic feeding guide for puppies
- basic guide for feeding a dog
- feed dogs
- feeding dogs
- feeding the dog
- what to feed your dog